"Living the Abundant Life without limits"

Jesus said, ."I have come so that you may have life and have it more abundantly" John 10:10

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Power of Love

When you see an opportunity to walk in unconditional love you see an opportunity to walk in great power
Who would have ever thought that love and power are one in the same. I had a powerful revelation last week regarding our purpose for life. Have you ever asked yourself, "who is God?" Most people get really technical in answering this question when the answer is so obvious yet so discreet. In 1 John 4:16 God is Love. This is the only time in the bible that clearly states who God is. Its hard to image as powerful as God is, the creator of the heavens and earth, can be something as simple as love. I had such a revelation when I read chapter 4 in 1 John. The verse goes on to say "whoever lives in love lives in God and God in him. So that means that love is a state of being, a characteristics, a trait, or personal attribute. If you live in something then that is who you are. If you live in happiness then your happy, if you live in peace, then your peaceful, and if you live in love the you are love. Let me confirm this further, the next verse in the chapter says "as He is, so are we in this world. Once again who is He (God), as indicated in 1 John 4:16 God is love. Lets read this again with love added, "as He is love so are we love in this world. Wow how powerful is that. I am love!!
Genesis 1:26 God said, "let us make man in our likeness and in our image."
When reading this because of our natural physical thinking, we automatically think that God's image and likeness means that He looks like us in the physical. But His likeness and image is Love. Remember God is Love. So if we are make in His likeness that's who are are called to be, LOVE..

SO the question I asked upon receiving this revelation was simply; how do I become LOVE? its so easy to think. I love my husband, I love my mom, etc. But its easy to love family but that's not the God kind of love which is unconditional love. I found the answer to my question in
John 1:1 In the beginning was the word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
If the word is God and God is love then you can conclude that the Word and God's Love is one in the same. So you become love by spending time in God's word. The Word is just a written manual to teach us how to love like God. The key to loving like God is reading His word day and night!

No comments:

Post a Comment